It may not feel like it quite yet (particularly since it’s only 45 degrees in New York!), but spring is officially here! If you’re like us, your home could use a little sprucing up after winter (especially this winter!), so we’re here to make spring cleaning a little easier. We’ve put together a basic spring cleaning checklist to help get your place back in shape!
- Deep cleaning: spring cleaning is the perfect time for those tasks you put off all winter. This includes dusting shelves, closets, and cabinets. Make sure to clean out the interior of the refrigerator and oven and giving your tub a deep scrub.
- Storing winter gear: Once the weather is consistently warmer, you can put away your thick coats and sweaters until next year. This will give you more room to put your spring and summer clothes front and center as well as some additional benefits.
- Bedding: Take a few minutes during spring cleaning to inspect your mattress. Many mattresses should be flipped at least once a year.
- Decluttering and donating: We all have the tendency to collect a lot of stuff we don’t need. Spring cleaning is the perfect time to get rid of all the junk and start fresh. You’ll be surprised how much cleaner your home looks once you reduce the clutter. When you’re cleaning out your closets and drawers, separate items into two sections: keep and donate. Good rule of thumb: If you haven’t used something in the last 12 months, donate it to charity or someone who will!
- Outdoor space: If you have outdoor space, there is a good chance you have ignored it over the last few months. You’ll be hosting barbeques in no time, so make sure that you tidy up your balcony or deck. If you live in Brooklyn and are lucky enough to have a yard, make sure to bag up leaves and clear downed branches.
Spend some time getting your place ready for spring -- you’ll be glad you did! Of course, Get Maid is here if you need a little help. Sign up and book with the code SpringClean anytime before April 15 for $25 off a spring deep clean. Also, if you have a friend that never gets around to cleaning, help them out with a Get Maid gift!